Friday, October 29, 2010

Simpler Than It Seems

This will be a ridiculously short post because the dinner I made tonight was ridiculously simple.
Leftover Chicken - reheated
Green Beans - steamed
Potatoes and Onions - fried in a little butter
It was even simple on the ingredients as everything was so naturally tasty and flavorful, that the butter and some salt were all the accoutrements used.

Even the original cooking of the chicken was quite simple. Once I cleaned and trussed it, I just rubbed it down with salt and melted butter and popped it in the oven for a couple of hours. Voila! Amazingly delicious and simple chicken that will last me a couple of days.

True, some ready-made freezer meal that comes in a bunch of packaging would have been even easier to make, but I relish the taste of good food that can stand on its own.

No comments: