Monday, September 6, 2010

An Easy and Delicious Day

Right now I'm snacking on pine nuts that we picked up in Moab last fall. This most definitely has to be a leisurely activity because each one has to be freed from its annoying little shell. I do this partly by using my teeth and partly by prying it open with my fingers--all the while trying not to break the sweet little nut into a bazillion pieces. If anyone is looking for a weight-loss snack, this is it! I'm sure I'm burning more calories than I'm consuming. Boy, are they yummy, though.
The rest of my food day was much easier:
Breakfast - Oatmeal with Apple, Milk, and Honey
Lunch - Cucumber and Cheddar Cheese Sandwich on Buttermilk Wheat Bread, Crenshaw Melon, Black Currant Juice
Dinner - Beef Roast with Potatoes, Onions, Eggplant, Carrots, Edamame, Mushrooms, Garlic, Homemade White Wine, Apple Cider, and Salt all cooked up in the crock pot. This was fantastic, and we have a tons of leftovers!
Snacks - Crenshaw Melon Milk Shake, Cheddar Cheese and Apples, Pine Nuts

No comments: