Sunday, September 5, 2010

One Week Mark

This has been a delicious week. While sometimes my planning fell behind my food needs, I was always able to pull something together and still eat delicious and healthy food.
Last night we celebrated the one week mark at an eat local potluck. I had various ideas of what I would like to bring, but kept on realizing that I had used up precious ingredients for every single option that came to mind. Butter was the main culprit here. I do this every year. I forget just how much butter we use for frying up vegetables and for use in almost all grain-based goods. I literally had one tablespoon of butter left! The Winder order does not arrive until Monday, and I did not have time to make any. I finally gave up on anything with a crust and whipped up a frittata.
The potluck featured a rollicking variety of local fare. I do believe I stuffed myself silly.
Breakfast - Buttermilk Pancakes topped with Blackberries and homemade Yogurt, Mint Tea with Heavy Cream, Crenshaw Melon
Lunch - leftover Eggplant Lasagna
Potluck Dinner - Apple Cider; Rosemary Bread; Pasta Salad with Tomatoes, Chives, and Parsley; Eggplant and Pepper Frittata, Crenshaw Melon; Zucchini and Corn Fritters; Sauteed Vegetables including Squash, Onions...can't remember it all; Peach Ice Cream; and Pear, Oregon Grape, and Black Currant Galette
Snacks Crenshaw Melon

No comments: