Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Hitting the Wall

Some days are more difficult than others. Today, faced with a whole lot to do and a baby who needs to be fed constantly, I struggled. In fact, I hit the drive-thru for lunch. Not local. Well, it's a local business, but I'm afraid that they just aren't too great about serving local food.

I did swing by the Harvest Market and Rico's Locals this afternoon, so I have some more ingredients now. In fact, Rico's is now carrying pasta by Nu Nooz from Roy, Utah. The ingredients state that at least the wheat is from Utah. I haven't talked with the folks from Nu Nooz, but I decided to go ahead and pick some up for dinner. I was not disappointed. Some folks may hesitate at $4.69/bag, but knowing the effort that goes into making pasta and considering the money that one might spend just hitting a drive-thru had me rejoicing. Plus, it tasted great!

The day:
Breakfast - Oats with Raspberries, Milk, and Honey
Lunch - Well, we already discussed that.
Dinner - Nu Nooz Rotini with Pasta Sauce from the Pasta Party
Snacks - Sweet Corn Cake, Carrots, Cheddar Cheese

No comments: