Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Good Habits

Each year I'm delighted at the end of the Eat Local Challenge to take note of all that I learned and the new habits I formed. While, with the Challenge concluded, I am free to enjoy certain foods that I missed--oats in quantity, cinnamon, coffee--I keep reverting to the delicious local fare to which I had become accustomed. As I write this, I am chowing down on a cucumber and cheese sandwich courtesy of my garden, the amazing cheesemakers at Gold Creek Farms, and my husband's cheese bread creation that includes a little kick from some hot peppers. Some processed foods and less-than-fresh produce pale in comparison.

I do not plan to blog daily (okay, I'd been doing less than that lately anyway), but I will still regularly share cool meal ideas and great local finds. Keep checking back!

No comments: