Thursday, September 9, 2010

Funnel Cake Dreams

Today I went to the Utah State Fair. Of course, one of the first scents to reach my nostrils was that of beloved funnel cakes. Ah, the one fabulous delicacy that I seek out at any festival, and there it was, and I couldn't have it. No, says I! There is always a way. I found a funnel cake recipe that could work with just a few changes. I cut the salt in half, reduced the milk to 3/4 cup, and reduced the honey to 1 tbsp. The batter whipped up quickly and after frying it up in butter, I had something that approximated funnel cake. More importantly, it satiated that craving.
Today's Fare
Breakfast - Cottage Cheese and Crenshaw Melon
Lunch - more of that leftover Roast, Vegetables, and Gravy
Dinner - Hashbrowns covered in leftover Roast, Tomatillo Salsa, Sour Cream, and Gouda with Milk to drink
Snacks - Carrot Sticks, Apples, Funnel Cake

No comments: